Here at Legal Utopia it is important to us that our users can use our services with ease. Thus, the aim of this short piece is to help you in using our FindALawyer and BookALawyer services.
- When you first download the LU app, ensure that you allow the app to use your location while using it, to get the best results. You can also turn this option on in the settings of your phone under the LU app.
- The app will automatically pick up your location and then provide you with a map of the solicitor firms in your area. Alternatively, you can enter another postcode, town or city into the search bar to find law firms in that area.
- You can also filter the search results by ‘Lawyer type’ (i.e. solicitors, barristers and legal aid); ‘Membership type’ (standard and premium); and by area of law.
- When you have found a law firm that suits your needs, you can book a solicitor by using the ‘book lawyer’ function IF the law firm is partnered with ourselves (i.e. a member firm). If not, then you will have to contact the law firm using the contact details provided.
- Open the LU app and click on the ‘Book Lawyer’ at the bottom of the screen, or the ‘Book a Lawyer’ option near the top.
- From here click lets book and select ‘Solicitors’ or if you are a subscriber/ have credits available select ‘Premium Solicitors’.
- Pick the area of law you need help with. If you are unsure you can use our legal checker service which can give your a preliminary diagnosis of your problem.
- Once the area of law is selected, all available partner solicitors will be presented to you. Browse their profiles and select the ones you feel meets your requirements.
- At the bottom of the solicitor profile you have chosen, there is a ‘Book this solicitor’ option. Click that and you will be taken to a calendar in which you can book this solicitor.
- Once the time and date has been chosen, you input some basic information such as contact preference (phone or video) and a brief note for your solicitor.
- You are then presented with some client verification options whereby your identity needs confirming for anti-money laundering purposes.